South Coast Telecommunications Alliance
The mission of the South Coast Telecommunications Alliance (SCTA) is to
create public awareness and participation in electronic networking. Our
goals are to promote strategic economic growth that is environmentally
and socially responsible, to promote access to local informational and
cultural resources, and to improve and enhance participation in community
issues in the South Coast region. SCTA provides a forum for local
individuals, groups, organizations, and businesses to share concerns,
ideas, and resources a process essential to the development of a
telecommunications infrastructure that addresses our community's needs.
The goals of SCTA are to:
- Promote, initiate and support education on computing,
communications, and networking, as a key strategy in enabling all members
of the community to participate effectively and responsibly in the
affairs of our community.
- Promote electronic access to community information, on-line
participation in local issues, and to stimulate the compilation and
maintenance of local community information.
- Promote the development and use of telecommuting and electronic
networking services that support the community's economic and social
- Promote universal network accessibility and seek appropriate
electronic solutions which further the community's public service needs.
- Facilitate non-profit and for-profit collaboration in seeking
funds for community networking projects.
Return to SCTA Home Page