Pyramid scheme. Sell you way to wealth campaign. Springfield
type pyramid. Ante $5, 11 names. Sell two copies of list. US, 1954.
A SELL YOUR WAY TO WEALTH CAMPAIGN
possible return of $10,240)
1. Pay person selling this list $5.00. In his presence also mail
first name on list below. Total cost $10.00. Seller
will supply en-
velopes and stamps.
2, Make two copies of this paper, eliminating the top name on list,
adding your name at the bottom of the list.
3. Sell your two copies to two friends, keeping $5.00 from each paper.
Thus you now have your money back.
4. Then, see to it that the buyer places $5.00 in the envelope addressed
the top name on the list, as you did. The seller supplies
addressed and stamped. This is important, to make certain
will not stop.
When your name reaches the top of the list (which can happen within a
or two) you will receive $10,240.
The campaign is sure-fire, because each person will hasten to get back his
$10.00 invested, and no charts are sold without the $5.00 actually being
mailed. Therefore, sell this chart only to responsible people who you
will follow the rules. DO NOT MAIL THE CHARTS. THEY MUST BE SOLD
Mail only the $5.00 wrapped in stationary with your return address
on the enve-
KEEP THE CAMPAIGN ROLLING. DO YOUR SELLING TODAY. THE BUYER AND
SHOULD SEE THE $5.00 MAILED TO THE TOP MAN ON THE LIST. DON'T TRUST
DON'T LET THE CHAIN BE BROKEN.
1. Mrs. Floyd *******, Braewood Apts. R. D. #1, Harrisburg, Pa.
2. Ruth *******, 1413 Calder St., Harrisburg, Pa.
3. Pearly *. *****, 220 Haldeman Ave., New Cumberland, Pa.
4. Mrs. Phylis *. ****, 617 Dauphin St., Harrisburg, Pa
5. Mrs. Phillip *. *****, 1436 Naudain St., Harrisburg, Pa.
6. James *. *******, R. D. #2, Mechanicsburg, Pa.
7. Steven A*. ********, 1835 Whitehall St., Harrisburg, Pa.
8. Dr. Franklin *. ******, 210 S. 2nd. St., Steelton, Pa.
9. Robert *. ******, 14 Oakleigh Avenue, Harrisburg, Pa.
10. Leroy *******, 222 Main Street, Steelton, Pa.
11. Harry ******, 3507 Union Deposit Road, R.D. #89, Harrisburg, Pa.
Original typing on a 11 x 8 1/2
inch sheet of unlined paper. Keystrokes preserved above. Sic "PERSONNALLY".
Purchased on eBay, 11/2015. Lot came with a clipping from the December 6,
1954 "The Evening Star", Harrisburg, Pa., p. 6. Some text:
"Another chain letter scheme has caught fire. Promising a "take" of $10,240
to each participant, this one is heralded "sure-fire" and, its sponsors claim,
is within the law." ... "A friend let me have one of his charts - that's
what they're called this time instead of letters - merely, of course, for
the purpose of writing this litttle piece." Entered by DWV,
Dec. 2, 2014.
The Paper Chain
Letter Archive - contents Chain Letter Evolution