[.................................... First page: pitch
by "attorney" Philip A. Brown ......................].
Philip A. Brown
Attorney at Law
As an Attorney at Law, I am doing excellently in my own Law practice. I am not revealing my address or phone number for a good and simple reason. Neither I nor my staff would have the time to answer all the calls and questions that would come in from people all over the country. I would not be able to give my clients my fullest attention. Their problems come first.
I know that what you are about to read will boggle your mind. Your first question probably is: Why is a successful Criminal Lawyer involved with a money making program like this? SIMPLE! I am always looking for other honest and lawful ways to make more, much more. If money makes one unhappy, I would rather be rich and unhappy than poor and unhappy.
The main reason for this letter is to convince you that the enclosed program is honest, lawful, and extremely profitable, and that it is a way to finance your wants and needs. I was approached several times before I checked this out. I joined just to see what one could expect in return for the minimal investment and effort required. Initially I let no one in the organization know that I was an attorney and, to my astonishment, I received $36,470 the first 14 weeks. It is still coming in! I am on my way to $100,000.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE REASONS A PERSON MIGHT HAVE FOR NOT JOINING THE PROGRAM?
(1) Think that they can never make a lot of money at
(2) Feel that the world owes them a living.
(3) Are afraid of ridicule for trying such a program.
(4) Must be driven because of lack of initiative.
(5) Some are just dreamers and not doers.
(6) And others are just plain lazy.
(7) Afraid of losing the small amount of money involved.
What category are you in? The system works, if you'll just DO IT!
You have right here a tried and proved method of getting all the money you will ever need or want. If you do not take the following steps in the program, you will never receive the first dollar. DO IT RIGHT NOW!
Writing this letter does not make one cent for me. I hope I've said something to make your future profitable, as well as the person who mailed this to you, making it possible for others in turn to help you. My main reason for this letter is to get people to help one another. Let's make this club l00%. I am a hard nosed attorney who does not believe in coddling anyone who hasn't the guts to help himself and others. When you join us, please keep this letter for future use. I'm looking forward to sending you another letter welcoming you to the club!
Philip A. Brown
[................. Second page: the money chain
letter (David Rhodes type) ..........................]
My name is David Rose. In 1983 my car was repossessed and bill collectors were hounding me. I was laid off and unemployment ran out. But, in 1984, my family and I went on a ten day cruise. I bought a new Cadillac for cash.. I am currently building a home in Virginia and never expect to work again. It all began with a letter I received telling me how to earn $50,000 or more whenever I wanted to. Naturally I was skeptical, but decided to try anyway because I was so desperate. I scraped together the few dollars needed, and today I am rich. I have earned over $200,000 to date, and expect to become a millionaire. Anyone, yes, anyone can do the same, and it is a perfectly legal money-making program. It doesn't require selling anything, or coming into contact with people. And you don't have to leave home except to go to the post office. If you're hoping that some day your lucky break will come, simply follow the easy instructions below - and your dreams will come true.
FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY: In 20-60 days you'll be the recipient of over $50,000.
1. Immediately send $1.00 (cash only) to each of the five names listed below. Wrap the dollar bill in a note saying: "Please add my name to your mailing list." A legitimate service for which you are paying $1.00.
2. Remove the name which is number one on the list, and move the other four names up one position. (Number two will be number one, etc.) Place your name in the number five position. Type or print the five names on a strip of paper and glue or tape it over the original list of names.
3. When you complete the above, TAKE THIS PAGE AND THE OTHER TWO ENCLOSED to a reputable cop shop for 100 or more copies of each page.
4. Order 100 or more names of "Opportunity Seekers" from a mailing list company. Recommended: n S.E. Ring Mailing List, P.O. Box 15061, Ft. Lauderdale, FL. 33318. Or call 305-742-9519 and use your credit card. These lists are exclusive, not duplicated to a bunch of customers, and they are fresh and active. (100 names - $13.00: 500 names - $55.00)
5. While waiting for the mailing list, place your copies in envelopes and stamp and seal them. DO NOT put your return address on the envelopes. People receiving them will more likely to open them out of curiosity.
6. When the mailing list arrives, stick a label on each envelope and mail. Between 20 and 60 days you can receive up to $50,000 in cash. Keep these three pages so as to use them again whenever you need more money.
Read Attorney Brown's letter very carefully again.
NOTE: When you mail out those letters, you are automatically in the MAIL ORDER BUSINESS. People are sending you $1.00 to be put on your mailing list. This is a LEGAL, HELPFUL SERVICE. (Refer to title 18, Sec 1302 and 1341 of the U. S. Postal and Lottery Laws.)
1. W.T. ***, BOX **** JAMESTOWN ND
2. R.E. ***, BOX **** OGDEN, UT 84412-2452
3. D.W. ***, BOX **** VINEYARD HAVEN, MA 02568-2409
4. AUGUST ***, ***** 11TH AVE CT E. TACOMA, WA 98445
5. C.A. ***, **** EAST ROYAL PALM RD. PHOENIX, AZ 85020
[.................................... Third page:
two testimonials and another pitch ............................]
LETTERS BY PARTICIPANTS IN THE PROGRAM
To whom it may concern:
Six months ago I received Attorney Brown's letter. I ignored it. Five more came within two weeks. I ignored them too. I was tempted, but I was convinced they were just a hoax. Was I wrong! Three weeks later, I decided to give it a try, not expecting much. Two weeks went by and nothing happened, no money. The fourth week was unbelievable! In all, I can't say I received $50,000, but it was definitely over $35,000. For the first time in years, I was out of debt. Of course, it didn't take long to go through my earnings, so I'm doing it again. Follow the instructions and JOIN THE CLUB!
W. S. Capers
I am skeptical by nature. I had received at least 35 different propositions like this one. But there was something about this this particular approach that I liked. The initial investment was considerably less than any of the others, and I also liked the fact that all five participants received money, and not just the one in the top position. I sent out 100 of them and hoped for the best, checking the mail religiously every day with a thumping heart. Nothing happened for eleven days. But responses started coming in on the twelfth. On that day I received $137.00. I could hardly wait until the next day when I received $383.00. The total was $456.00 by day fourteen and by day fifteen -$909.00. Over the next four and a half months, I received $131, 879 in the mail. Now that the letters I first sent out seem to have run dry, I'm going to try it again. I hope I don't sound too greedy, but with all that I've received so far, I want more.
NOW HERE COMES THE INTERESTING PART:
At a 15% response, which is very conservative:
When you send out 100 letters, 15 people will
Those 15 mail out 100 letters, 225 will send you $1.00 225.00
Those 225 send out 100 letters, 3,375 will send you $1.00 3375.00
When they send 100 letters, 50,625 will send you $50625.00
Sorry folks, but that is as far as it goes.
When your money begins to come in, it is a good gesture to give the first 10% to your favorite charity with a joyful spirit.
Starting with 500 mailings, if possible, can increase the return by five times.
Later on this fall, look for and read the exciting novel:
"SUNRISE AT FIVE"
The Paper Chain Letter Archive
- contents Chain Letter